At Adelate IP Law Group, APPLYING WISDOM TO WONDER® is our business mission statement and dedicated corporate lifestyle. We sincerely believe and are firmly committed to providing our clients with creatively insightful and personalized involvement in every step of the patent legal process.
PROTECTING YOUR CREATIVITY
Actively curating business assets by creatively using Patents, Tradesecrets, Software Licensing, Copyright and Trademark laws.
ACCELERATING YOUR BUSINESS WITH IP
Global experience serving SILICON VALLEY startups & companies and beyond. We aim to strategically apply the varied palette of different types of Intellectual Property toward the broader business picture to add value. Each day we strive to apply Agile Software development techniques to legal principles to help your business soar.
LEGAL ENFORCEMENT LAWSUITS & REGULATORY
Formidable, multidisciplinary experts in Silicon Valley Tech and Tech culture that make impactful legal decisions in Data Privacy, Security, and IP in litigation and when assessing business risk.
With our intimate familiarity with Silicon Valley world-class standards for software development, engineering, and scientific concepts, we can effectively work with our clients on their technical level to identify what type of intellectual property protection is required. We strive to provide each client with value-added, working knowledge of those concepts of Intellectual Property Law that are required for making key decisions for their respective businesses.
At times, a blueprint for business success in Silicon Valley often depends on the acquired skills of a legal professional to quickly and accurately identify those inventive concepts that are best suited for the direct needs of the marketplace and the type of intellectual property protection that is needed to provide maxim benefit. In many ways, we work closely together with our clients in selecting from the various types of available intellectual property just as artists select colors from a painters’ palate so as to create an innovative masterpiece that can succeed in they many business venues throughout the world.
With exceptional communication and tech skills, each member of our firm is able to work well within your multidisciplinary team including software developers, business executives, case litigation managers and witnesses, forensic accountants, marketing managers in addition to engineers, scientists, inventors as well as artists and entertainers. We believe that the Client is our Boss – Let Us APPLY WISDOM TO YOUR WONDER!
A patent is an essential business asset in our 21st Century global information-based economy. Obtaining an issued patent is often difficult, time-consuming, costly, and not always a guarantee. Although one particular idea may solve an existing problem, not all innovation merits patent protection as a legal requirement. Our principal patent services are:
- Preparation of Patent Applications and prosecution within the government Patent Office
- Patent Infringement and Invalidity Opinions
- Patent Filings of foreign origin patents
- Patent License, Assignment & Negotiation
Representative Areas of Patent Prosecution
- Artificial Intelligence; Blockchain and decentralized computing; Big Data and Data Engineering; Software Architectures & Computing systems; Cryptographic and Security Systems.
- Fintech – Software based financial technology and security systems.
- Wireless Networks; Telecom & Mobile Devices; Wafer fab and materials.
- Electrical Engineering systems
- Engineering Systems:
- Robotics and autonomous systems;
- Large scale machine design including transportation – automotive, aerospace, avionics;
- Medical Devices; Informatics,
- Telemedicine & Cloud-based HIPPA Software Architecture;
- Oil & Gasfield including Upstream/ E&P systems, Downstream refinement and retail systems, SADA, oilfield services including wireline, disposal and reclamation systems; wind and solar energy systems; and biofuels.
- Copyright registration of source, object code and other software applications.
- Works Made-For-Hire Issues
- Video Game, Artistic and Entertainment development issues
- Social Media & Website Issues
- Publisher Agreements & Royalty Issues
- US & Foreign enforcement of the reproduction of key creative work business assets such as
- software, multimedia presentations,
- web and landing pages,
- advertising art & copy,
- training manuals and organizational charts,
- book –video-audio and performing art works
- Trademark Enforcement & Litigation Matters – enforcement against competitors who use another’s mark to capitalize on that “name recognition”: Likelihood of Confusion and Federal Trademark Dilution Act.
- Federal, State, and Foreign registrations of words, designs, slogans, sounds or symbols that serve to identify a particular product or service offered by a business
- Trade dress vs Design Patent – legal strategies for webpages, software applications, packaging and other marketing media
- Legal Protection for Business Branding and Marketing Campaigns
- Domain Name and Trademark Issues
- eDiscovery & Settlement
- Contract Negotiation
- Commercialization & Valuation of Innovation
- risk modeling
- Business Intelligence,
- Business and Legal Valuation,
- Natural Language Processing with Legal Analytics,
- Data Mining,
- Target/testing & segmentation strategies,
- data visualizations
Privacy & Security:
- Cryptographic systems,
- computer (eDiscovery) forensics,
- hash algorithm standardization
Data & Computer Science Languages:
- Machine & Deep Learning,
- Neural Nets,
- Software Engineering,
- Python, R, SQL, Java, SQL & NoSQL, C, C++, CSS- PHP-XML,
- Solidity & Hyperledger
- AWS & Spark provisioning,
- Massive Parallel Processing,
- Relational Database Design,
- Object Oriented Analysis & Design,
- PostgreSQL architectures,
- software systems project/quality design and testing